Interior & Exterior Coatings
Preparation Work and Painting
Please remember that a successful restoration is based on a thorough preparation to maximize the painting!
- Clean surface to be painted with a hard brush and rub down with 80 grid sand paper.
- Remove all damp, flaky, peeling, blistering loose particles, fungi and mildew from the area to be painted. All enamel or oil based surfaces to be sand papered to provide a key for BreatheCoat. Stabilize loose and crumbling plaster by painting with a thinned down coat of Breathecoat Wall.
- Where cracks need to be filled in we recommend the use of BreatheCoat crack super repair bond. Sand all repairs to a smooth finish.
- Seal all parapets, flashing and window –sills with Breathecoat X-tra Water Repellent. On the wet paint lay BreatheCoat waterproofing membrane , and paint and all subsequent layers with BreatheCoat Extra Water-repellent.
- All damaged surfaces to be coated with one coat of BreatheCoat Fillcrete , before applying finish coats.
- Paint fungi invested areas with BreatheCoat Anti Fungal.
- BreatheWood Bond for wood window frames and other woodwork.
- Clean roof and apply BreatheCoat Roof.
- For all high wear or areas where spillage and soiling might occur apply BreatheCoat clear and stain resistant sealer.
- Mix BreatheCoat with a high speed rapid mixer for best results.
- Apply BreatheCoat wall or texture as specified by the architect.